SUMMER THEATRE CAMP
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS AUDITIONS
The Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts Center at Nova Southeastern University
Disney's Finding Nemo JR. (Ages 13-18 | Grades 9 - 12)
Session One Dates: June 19 – July 14, 2023
Young Performers will experience an opportunity to perform for the public in this year's musical adaptation of the beloved Disney musical, taking young children, families, and summer camp audiences on an adventure through the Great Barrier Reef with Nemo, Dory and the friends they meet along the way. This program offers more advanced techniques to campers who learn on a pre-professional level.
DISNEY'S FINDING NEMO JR.
Disney’s Finding Nemo JR. is a 60-minute musical adaptation of the beloved 2003 Pixar movie Finding Nemo, with new music by award-winning songwriting team Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. Marlin, an anxious and over-protective clownfish, lives in the Great Barrier Reef with his kid Nemo, who longs to explore the world beyond their anemone home. But when Nemo is captured and taken to Sydney, Marlin faces his fears and sets off on an epic adventure across the ocean. With the help of lovable characters such as optimistic Dory, laid-back sea turtle Crush, and the supportive Tank Gang, Marlin and Nemo both overcome challenges on their journey to find each other and themselves. Featuring memorable songs such as “Just Keep Swimming,” “Fish Are Friends Not Food,” and “Go With the Flow,” Finding Nemo JR. brings a vibrant underwater world to life on stage in a story full of family, friendship, and adventure.
- Must participate in the full 7 hour day, four-week program
- Must audition for acceptance
- Must be at least a rising 9 grader
- Monologue: 1 minute
- Singing: 1 minute of a show tune (sung to a track or piano accompaniment music).
- NO VOCALS. Use only the camera mic and not a handheld microphone.
- YouTube link/URL
- Google Drive link/URL
- A digital video file in either .mp4, .mp3, .MOV or .WMV format
- March 14 (Decisions made by March 18)
- April 11 (Decisions made by April 15)
- May 16 (Decisions made by May 20)