HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
At the Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts, the health & safety of our guests, artists, staff, and volunteers are our top priorities.
With this in mind, we have implemented a number of changes to ensure an outstanding experience when you visit. Our health & safety guidelines have been developed in collaboration with Nova Southeastern University, Broward Center for the Performing Arts and follow guidance of local and state health officials and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These guidelines will continue to evolve as the environment changes, and we will share these updates accordingly.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to create a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Working together to keep each other safe!
Guest and Patron Entry Requirements
- Face coverings are recommended for all guests and patrons.
- Face coverings are recommended to be worn by all guests age two (2) and over and must completely cover each person’s nose, mouth and chin.
Special Safety Measures
- Face coverings will be worn by all staff/volunteers and recommended for our visitors and patrons. Some artists performing at our venues will require patrons to also wear face coverings and that information will be communicated on a show by show basis. (*Any exceptions require complete documentation as noted on the Accessibility info page.)
- Daily health screenings including face coverings and full vaccination status are required for all staff, crew and volunteers.
- If a guest is not feeling well, has a temperature greater than 100.4’, or is exhibiting any symptoms which may be associated with COVID-19, they are encouraged to stay home or may be asked to leave the facility. With regard to tickets, see Our Promise.
- Across campus, prominent signage and distancing markers on the floor will encourage ample space between guests when possible.
- In accordance with local conditions and CDC guidelines we may adapt capacities or protocols based on enviornmental improvements and the guidance of NSU and the collaboration with Broward Center for the Performing Arts, our managing partner.
- Hand sanitizing stations are conveniently located for easy and frequent access.
- As most artists have suspended in-person meet & greet opportunities in the current environment, there will be no backstage access for guests for artist engagement.
- Printed paper tickets will not be available at the Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts.
- Mobile ticket delivery to your phone for advance ticket purchase and at the Box Office windows one hour prior to performance time will be available.
- Contactless ticket scanning will allow for efficient and seamless entry.
- Printed programs will not be available at this time. Performance program books can be viewed digitally prior to and during most events.
- We accept major credit cards or mobile payment apps including Apple Pay and Google Pay to purchase tickets, parking or concessions on site.
Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing
Consistently cleaner spaces throughout your visit. In our performance halls and larger gathering areas, state-of-the-art electrostatic technology is used so disinfecting solution adheres to all surfaces, even those you can’t see.
- All surfaces are cleaned with EPA-approved disinfectants before and after every performance.
- Special attention is paid to high touch surfaces, from door handles to handrails to armrests, in all the spaces where audiences may gather.
- Increased frequency of air filter replacement and of HVAC system cleaning and systematic fresh air exchange maximized.
- Assistive-listening devices (ALDs) sanitized with ultraviolet LEDs for disinfecting.
- Hand sanitizing stations available in all public areas.
Please note: The Broward Center and all affiliated venues including the Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts plans for reopening have been reviewed and approved by Broward County and will be updated as needed.
There is always an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By attending an event in a public place, you are assuming all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or related in any way to the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, or a bacteria, virus or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether exposure to such risks occurs before, during or after the event. You agree that you have voluntarily assumed these risks and you voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims associated with these risks against the Performing Arts Center Authority, the Broward Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., and any and all organizations, entities or individuals affiliated with these organizations or entities. You agree that you will observe and obey all signage, instructions, warnings or limitations during your visit by wearing a facial covering, practicing social distancing, and will follow any other guidance (whether written or verbal) communicated to you on site.