HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES
Welcome! As the Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts prepares to reopen our venue, the health & safety of our guests, artists, staff, and volunteers are our top priorities.
With this in mind, we are implementing a number of changes to an outstanding experience when you visit. Our health & safety guidelines have been developed in collaboration with Nova Southeastern University, Broward Center for the Performing Arts and follow guidance of local and state health officials and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to create a safe and enjoyable experience for all. Working together to keep each other safe!
Special Safety Measures
- Face coverings are required for all guests, staff and volunteers*. Face coverings must be worn by all guests age two (2) and over and must completely cover each person’s nose, mouth and chin. Based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes are not acceptable alternatives. (*Any exceptions require complete documentation as noted on the Accessibility info page.)
- Daily health screenings and temperature checks are required for all staff, artists, crew and volunteers.
- If a guest is not feeling well, has a temperature greater than 100.4’, or is exhibiting any symptoms which may be associated with COVID-19, they are encouraged to stay home or may be asked to leave the facility. With regard to tickets, see Our Promise.
- Protective Plexiglas barriers will be installed at all points of sale and guest service locations.
- Across campus, prominent signage and distancing markers on the floor will encourage ample space between guests.
- Theater capacity will be limited to allow adequate space for physically distanced seating between guests and/or parties.
- Hand sanitizing stations are conveniently located for easy and frequent access.
- As most artists have suspended in-person meet & greet opportunities in the current environment, there will be no backstage access for guests for artist engagement.
- Printed paper tickets will not be available at the Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts.
- Mobile ticket delivery to your phone for advance ticket purchase and at the Box Office windows one hour prior to performance time will be available.
- Contactless ticket scanning will allow for efficient and seamless entry.
- Printed programs will not be available at this time. Performance program books can be viewed digitally prior to and during most events.
- Cashless transactions ONLY, accepting major credit cards or mobile payment apps including Apple Pay and Google Pay to purchase tickets, parking or concessions on site.
- No cash accepted.
Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing
Consistently cleaner spaces throughout your visit. In our performance halls and larger gathering areas, state-of-the-art electrostatic technology is used so disinfecting solution adheres to all surfaces, even those you can’t see.
- All surfaces are cleaned with EPA-approved disinfectants before and after every performance.
- Special attention is paid to high touch surfaces, from door handles to handrails to armrests, in all the spaces where audiences may gather.
- Increased frequency of air filter replacement and of HVAC system cleaning and systematic fresh air exchange maximized.
- Assistive-listening devices (ALDs) sanitized with ultraviolet LEDs for disinfecting.
- Hand sanitizing stations available in all public areas.
Food & Beverage options will be available
- Our Food & Beverage team is specially trained in COVID-19 hygiene practices and will wear face coverings and gloves while preparing and serving.
- Protective plexiglass barriers will be installed at all concession locations.
- Cashless transactions ONLY, accepting major credit cards.
- No cash accepted.
- All food & beverages must be enjoyed outdoors.
- Drinking fountains will be turned off.
Please note: The Broward Center and all affiliated venues including the Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts plans for limited capacity reopening have been reviewed and approved by Broward County and will be updated as needed.
There is always an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By attending an event in a public place, you are assuming all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or related in any way to the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, or a bacteria, virus or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether exposure to such risks occurs before, during or after the event. You agree that you have voluntarily assumed these risks and you voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims associated with these risks against the Performing Arts Center Authority, the Broward Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., and any and all organizations, entities or individuals affiliated with these organizations or entities. You agree that you will observe and obey all signage, instructions, warnings or limitations during your visit by wearing a facial covering, practicing social distancing, and will follow any other guidance (whether written or verbal) communicated to you on site.